In the last months, the Genetec protocol has improved a lot. I compiled a list of the different features that are currently supported in Omnicast 4.4 and new features that will be available in 4.5 later this year.
- H.264, MPEG-4 streaming in RTP with a CGI or RTSP
- Motion JPEG over HTTP
- Modifications of video compression settings
- Multiple stream at different quality of the same video input
- Transparent Serial port: PTZ, CCTV keyboards, custom integrations
- IP PTZ protocol
- Configurable Unit Motion Detection
Video Analytic support ( New in 4.5 )
- Object entered and exit
- Object in field of detection
- Object left
- Object removed
- Object stopped
- Object's velocity or direction has changed
- Object crossed line
- Object following route
- The protocol also offer the flexibility to use custom event in the system.
- Support for OV Ready devices with configurations
- Video Decoder support through simple CGI
- On Screen Display capabilities
- Simple discovery protocol using broadcast and IP Scan (new in 4.5)
- Standard discovery protocol over ZeroConfig
- Configuration of IP settings
- Remote reboot
- Input and output contact
- Asynchronous generation of event and custom event (new in 4.5)
- Support for pulses on output pins
- Bidirectional Audio support full-duplex
- Audio support 8Khz (PCMU/G711, G721/G726-32, G723)
It's a lot of feature but the implementation is scalable. Manufacturer can only support a small subset and the software will adjust itself with the device's capabilities.
In the Genetec protocol package, on top of the documentation we provide a certification tool test your device and a demo software license to develop your integration.
If you want more information on the Genetec protocol, do not hesitate to contact me.