This is the first time we have organized a virtual trade show and we thought this might also be your first time attending one. But before we get into our tips, make sure to have your credentials to access the event. See the details below.
How to log-in to access the event
We will be sending out an automated password for access to the event before the show starts on Monday morning. Please carefully monitor your inbox and "Other Inbox" and "Spam" for this mail as you will not be able to request a new password. The mail will be sent on Sunday evening.
Now that we got that covered, see below for a few tips that might help you make the most of the virtual trade show:
1. Review the event agenda to plan your schedule
If you were traveling to an event, you would likely check out the agenda in advance to plan your time onsite.
With both a live agenda and on-demand content in the Genetec Zone, International Pavillion and technology partner booths, there is a lot to consider at Connect’DX.
It would be a good idea to find the sessions of most interest to you before you log in. This will ensure that you can prioritize live presentations while taking note of the on-demand content you might want to review at your own pace.
Also, check out our last blog post about the product and industry content being developed.
TIP: The main agenda includes some notable technology and physical security industry leaders. Here’s a list of some of our guest speakers that you might find interesting:
- Dr. Martin Gren, Co-Founder, and Director of Axis Communications
- Fredrik Nilsson, Vice President of the Americas, Axis Communications
- Daniel Lanecki, Vice President of Technology, Barclays
- Ken Lochiatto, President & CEO, Convergint
- Pierre Racz, President of Genetec
- Zeljko Cakic, Director, IT, Airport Development Program, Greater Toronto Airports Authority
- Jonathan Ballon, Vice President & General Manager, Intel Corp
- Lenny Smith, Senior Director of Loss Prevention and Corporate Security, Skechers USA
- Traegon Hon, Director of Global Physical Security, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Christopher Slone, Senior Manager of Global Security, Sykes
- Richard Peck, Senior Vice President of Loss Prevention, TJX Companies Inc.
- Joel Hosino, Physical Security Systems Manager, Uber
2. Dedicate time in your calendar
To ensure you don’t get double-booked, take a moment now to block off a couple of hours each day of the event in your calendar.
With more than 30 sessions on the agenda, this will ensure you can take the time to view the presentations and training that is most important to you.
TIP: Remember Connect’DX is a global event running across time zones and languages. This means you can engage at any time of the day! Take advantage of early mornings and evenings or engage in International Pavilions in local languages/time zones. All of these options exist to better meet your needs.
Check out this video to get a preview of our sessions:
3. Limit distractions to take full value from education and training content
This one is trickier now than ever before. Normally, it’s easy to be distracted by other work when you’re trying to view online sessions but now that we are all home, interruptions are much more likely.
If you can, consider closing your office door for the time you have dedicated to the event - or head to a different location at home to sit down, relax, and really immerse yourself in the content.
TIP: Interruptions will happen. It's ok. All of the content will be available on-demand following the show. Take advantage of one of the Connect’DX training promotions after the event:
- For existing customers and operators: subscribe to a yearly operator training plan (Genetec University LMS access), and get the 2nd year free
- For channel partners and technicians with existing SC5.x certification history: get 1 free re-certification upgrade course (valid for video, access control, or automatic license plate recognition). Offer applies to Connect'DX attendees only and can’t be applied to another technician within the same company.
*Note, these training promotions are valid until April 20 2021.
4. Visit the Technology Partner Pavilion
At Genetec, we are focused on delivering value to our customers and to do that we partner with many amazing technology companies. During Connect’DX, we will have twelve partners running technology booths where they will be offering product demos and more.
TIP: When you visit the partner booths, don’t forget to live chat with their product experts. This is a great opportunity to engage directly to get your questions answered.
5. Earn points and win prizes!
Who wants some show swag and goodies? Don’t worry, we have you covered!
The more you participate and enjoy sessions, the more points you earn and increase your chances to win some amazing prizes including:
- 2 Sonos Move speakers
- 2 wireless Bose headphones
- 2 Jabra peakers
- 5 x $250 Amazon gift cards
- 10 x $100 UBER Eats gift cards
- 10 x $100 Amazon gift cards
- 10 x $50 Amazon gift cards
TIP: Participate in the trivia game to earn 25 points!
If you have registered, see you next week! If you haven’t already registered, what are you waiting for?